Summer is almost over and it’s sunny out there which means we have perfect weather for a barbecue! Instead of buying store bought burgers, how about making your own?! We always grill homemade burgers since they are so easy and quick to prepare.
- 2 pounds of extra lean ground beef (around 1 kg)
- 3 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/3 cup of fresh chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup of chopped onions
- 1/3 cup of fresh chopped basil
- 8 teaspoons of Kraft light cream cheese
- 8 whole wheat buns for the burgers
- In a bowl, mix well the extra lean ground beef with salt, pepper, onions and the parsley.
- Afterwards grab a handful of the meat and separate it into different patties to determine how many burgers you want. I usually get 8 burgers out of this amount of meat. Put it aside once done.
- In a different smaller bowl, add 8 teaspoons of the Kraft light cream cheese and mix with the basil.
- Once mixed well, start shaping each patty and add a teaspoon of the cream cheese into its centre, close it and shape it again into a burger. Repeat this step for each of the patties.
- Grill the burgers or bake them in the oven at 400 F. You can also freeze them if you’d like.