Sunday back home is usually a day spent with family and it’s also a lazy day usually celebrated with pizza. There is a large Italian community in Sao Paulo and we’ve mastered the art of making pizza.
Today I had some friends over and I decided to make homemade pizza to reminisce my weekends growing up. I used the same recipe I have already shared before but this time on top of making savoury pizzas I also tried a dessert one.
Dessert pizzas are very popular in Brazil and you won’t regret serving one covered in chocolate and strawberries. After all, you can never go wrong with such a special combination.
The dough recipe can be found here.
Ingredients for the topping
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 3 table spoons of powder cocoa
- chocolate sprinkles
- fresh strawberries (cut in half)
Direction for the topping
- preheat oven to 400 F
- mix the condensed milk with the cocoa. Bring it to the stove top and cook until the mix starts coming off from the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- bake the dough in the oven and once it’s almost done remove it from the oven and pour the chocolate mix on top. Put it back in for 2 to 3 minutes and remove
- decorate the top with the strawberries and sprinkles and serve