Tonight I wasn’t in the mood to spend hours in the kitchen so I prepared a light, healthy meal for me and my husband. I made a couple of chicken breasts with a side of salad and brown rice. Simple but very flavourful. The secret? Parsley.
- a handful of chopped parsley
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons of garlic
- black pepper
- toothpicks (make sure you put them under water before using them so they don’t burn in the oven/ barbecue)
- preheat oven to 400 degrees F (or barbecue)
- butterfly the chicken breasts (not completely, leave a pocket for you to be able to add the filling) and add salt and pepper to both sides
- fill each chicken with one teaspoon of garlic and the parsley
- use the toothpicks to close the chicken, use as many as needed.
- add it to the oven/ barbecue until cooked (30 to 40 min in the oven and 20 to 30 min in the barbecue)
- remember to remove the toothpicks prior to serving the chicken